55 Maud Street, Geelong, Victoria 3220 0387722903


Browse Help Topics

Is there an age limit for residents?

There is no age limit as long as you are a registered student undertaking current studies.

Can I smoke in my apartment?

No. The entire building and grounds are smoke-free zones.

Can my partner live with me?

All rooms come with standard King Single beds. However, we offer a limited number of rooms that allow for twin share upon request. Spouses and partners can apply as long as they are also tertiary students.

Do you provide a cleaning service?

We provide a daily cleaning service for all common areas, bathrooms and kitchens only. Each resident MUST clean up after they use the kitchen or bathroom facilities.

All residents are responsible for keeping their rooms clean. A cleaning service may be provided for a fee upon application to management.

The facility provides a pay-for-use laundry facility. Some cleaning materials, such as brooms, vacuums, mops and dusters, are available for loan from management.

Do I have to provide my own linen and cooking equipment?

Yes. We will provide the following items in each room:
– King Single bed (base and mattress)
– Mattress protector
– Bar fridge and freezer
– Window coverings
– Desk and lamp
– Wardrobe with drawers

Upon request, management offers starter packages for sale containing:
– Bedsheets
– Doona and doona covers
– Pillow and pillow covers
– Bathroom towels and face towels
– Shower mats

Do you provide my own Internet access?

We provide fast Wi-Fi Broadband connectivity in all bedrooms and common areas. Each resident has a 10GB monthly allowance with more available for a fee.

What entertainment is provided?

All bedrooms are equipped with televisions that provide for Netflix subscriptions. There is also other entertainment in common areas:

Common Room Ground Floor:
– Pool and table tennis tables, a large LCD television, board games and lounges.

Common Room Level 1:
– Large LCD television and lounges.

Common Room Basement:
– Lounge with LCD television. This common area also opens to an outdoor seating area.
– Private reading and seating area in garden setting.
Rear Courtyard
– BBQ and outdoor dining.

How long are the residential agreements?

The Iconic Rooming House offers accommodation by semester with 6-monthly and 12-monthly agreements.

For the security of our residents, we do NOT allow subletting, letting on Airbnb or placing rooms into a leasing pool during non-semester periods.

Is catering available?

We do not offer catering services. However, you’ll have the use of our kitchens, refrigerators and each bedroom is equipped with a personal refrigerator.

Is car and bike parking available?

Limited on-site car parking is available upon application. Car parking can be leased for a fee of $60 per calendar month.

Secure bike parking is available on-site.

Can I have visitors?

For the security and peace of residents, visitors are only allowed between 8 am and 10 pm. This is monitored through the electronic door security and camera system. Visitors are restricted to 2 per resident.

Can I host a party or dinner?

The Iconic is for student residents only. Parties and social gatherings are NOT allowed without written permission and monitoring by management.

Exemptions will only be made for gatherings or events organised by management for residents.

What security is provided?

The only access to the building and main corridors is by a monitored electronic access system. CCTV security is present throughout the building and grounds, its cameras covering ALL common and kitchen areas.

All bedroom access is by a keyless system unique to each room.

A monitored fire alarm system and sprinkler system covers the building for added security.